- This event has passed.
March 31 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us virtually on March 31st, 10AM-12:00PM
Learning Stream: Healthy Workplaces
While working with others, we are bound to encounter situations where a colleague or peer is being unfairly targeted, bullied or silenced. Bystander intervention is the act of recognizing a potentially harmful situation and playing an active role in prevention, harm reduction, advocation, and support of the person targeted. The ‘When, How, and Where’ we can intervene in a situation can be uncertain and tricky to navigate.
In this interactive and engaging workshop, we will explore the 5Ds of Bystander Intervention (Direct, Delegate, Delay, Distract, and Document), and scenario-based learning to practice how we can respond in the workplace both proactively and reactively using the 5Ds model. This 2 hour session is a combination of content sharing, interactive breakout sessions, and group discussions.
- Explore the range of possibilities of proactive and responsive measures based on the 5Ds of Bystander Intervention.
- Reflect and explore what a personal intervention strategy can look like based on the action model and your individual context.
- Create the space to discuss and share strategies that have worked in the past and participate in shared learning with the group.
Who Is this webinar For?
This webinar is open to anyone who wants to learn how to intervene and respond in situations when witnessing harm in the workplace.
Speaker: Corrie Melanson
Corrie Melanson is a learning designer and inclusion advocate based in Kjipuktuk, Halifax. She works with a diverse and nimble team to help leaders and change makers ignite transformational learning and impact by shifting from passive to active learning, from problem-focus to possibility, and by connecting personal, organizational, and systemic change.
Interested? Here’s how to register:
- Click “Register”
- Select the ticket for the session and then select “Register”
- Fill out the registration form.
- You will receive a confirmation email with the meeting details once you complete your registration.