Website Atlantic Region Association of Immigrant Serving Agencies (ARAISA)
Supporting Organizations Supporting Immigrants
The Atlantic Region Association of Immigrant Serving Agencies (ARAISA) is looking for a Communications Specialist to join its growing team.
The Communications Specialist will report to and work collaboratively with the Communications Lead. ARAISA communications’ needs are growing, and this position will be key in helping maintain, develop and implement internal and external communications communication strategies, policies, processes and activities.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
ARAISA is a non-profit umbrella association which serves as a collective voice and forum for its members who are committed to the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees in the Atlantic Region. ARAISA works to increase the effectiveness of its members through its initiatives to support the sector and its contributions to regional and national forums.
ARAISA provides professional development and networking opportunities, facilitates information and resource exchange, hosts sector-specific working groups, convenes meetings with key stakeholders, and represents its members through national bodies, with the goal of having a positive impact on settlement and integration policies and practices.
· Design communication and marketing material such as, but not limited to: reports, banners, programs, brochures, infographics, certificates, videos, PPT, scripts
· Manage and maintain ARAISA’s websites and online courses
· Help troubleshoot technical issues for users of ARAISA’s websites and online courses
· Create and distribute ARAISA’s email marketing campaigns, such as, but not limited to: newsletters, events and course promotion, and manage related audiences
· Support the management of ARAISA’s social media accounts (including content creation)
· Contribute to ARAISA’s media relations: press releases, development and maintenance of media listings
· Track analytics of ARAISA online presence: website (GA), social media, email marketing
· Contribute to the development and implementation of communications plans and strategies
· Provide support in translation of content when necessary (FR to EN and EN to FR), and review written materials to ensure accuracy and language consistency
· Support the communications component of ARAISA’s programming
· Contribute to activities related to a 2-year project partnership, including member outreach, tracking social media usage and engagement, attending workshops, and sharing data, experiences, and feedback
· Liaise with vendors, consultants, and other providers
· Report on the effectiveness and impact of the organization’s initiatives related to areas of responsibility
The Communications Specialist is also responsible for:
· Providing support to ARAISA’s programs and operations as required
· Representing ARAISA at events or external meetings, when requested
· Other duties, as deemed necessary
The ideal candidate will have
· Degree in communications and/or marketing, public relations or a related field; or equivalent work experience
· Minimum of two years of relevant work experience
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both French and English required
· CMS demonstrated proficiency (WordPress considered an asset)
· Experience in the design and production of materials and publications (print and/or digital)
· Demonstrated creativity and effectiveness in developing products using online tools (Canva, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, etc.)
· Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and video editing is considered an asset
· Demonstrated experience writing press releases and other media content
· Knowledge of information technology and digital environments, and an ability to trouble-shoot and provide occasional support to others
· Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
· Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, professionalism, and attention to detail
· Demonstrated initiative, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a small team
· Knowledge of the Atlantic Region, settlement organizations, and issues of immigration, diversity and inclusion is considered an asset
· Experience working in the not-for-profit sector and/or the immigrant settlement sector is considered an asset
· Due to COVID, ARAISA staff are currently working remotely, although it is expected that a hybrid approach will be adopted in the coming months to include work at the ARAISA office.
· Travel within the Atlantic Region may be occasionally required, contingent on any travel restrictions.
SALARY: $44,750 /annually, plus a comprehensive benefits package
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resumé, in English or French, merged into one (1) document to Carolyn Whiteway at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Communications Specialist” in the subject line. Please ensure that you demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the above qualifications.
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to submit the names and contact information of three references. Further qualifications may be assessed during the competition process (e.g. submission of a writing sample and/or portfolio).
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Review of applications will begin on April 27, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.
As an equity seeking organization, ARAISA encourages applications from individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, age, class, gender, race, and sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.