Website centreavalon Avalon Sexual Assault Centre
The Avalon Sexual Assault Centre (Avalon) is seeking an experienced Clinical Supervisor to support in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a new province-wide model for sexual violence trauma therapy. Please note that because the provincial expansion is projected for Winter 2023 this position will be responsible to carry an increase counselling caseload for the interim.Working within the Community Network Model for Sexual Violence Trauma Therapy (CNM SVTT), the Clinical Supervisor is responsible for the ongoing training, supervision and mentorship of all Avalon Trauma Therapists and Intake Professionals across the province. As a part of the leadership team, the Clinical Supervisor will report directly to the Program Manager and work collaboratively with the Community Coordinator and Counselling Coordinator.At Avalon, we believe that the response to sexualized violence must be community-driven and inclusive. We are deeply committed to feminist, anti-racist and anti-oppressive values, and approach our work by centering equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are a proudly unionized workplace that is dedicated to fostering a collaborative, supportive, and holistic staff environment. We are seeking a dynamic team member with a passion for delivering trauma-informed, culturally responsive, community-based support services for individuals impacted by sexualized violence.
- Coordinate clinical supervision for all Avalon Trauma Therapists and Intake Staff, including: o Provide regular confidential counselling supervision to therapists in all phases of therapeutic counselling, addressing issues such as vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue, burnout, transference and countertransference. o Remain up to date regarding best practices for sexual assault/abuse trauma therapy and lead ongoing clinical development. o Consult with professional regulatory colleges regarding practice standards and ethics and advise therapists on policies and procedures that guide and promote clinical best- practice. o Oversee and facilitate ongoing professional development and update therapy modalities where necessary, in keeping with program framework and trauma-informed practice
- Work collaboratively with the CNM leadership team to: o Contribute to program design with specific focus on client confidentiality, client- therapist boundaries, dual relationships, emergency response protocols and right to refuse services o Collaborate with the CNM leadership team to implement, evaluate and update policies related to client, staff, and organizational safety collaborate with the CNM leadership team to implement and oversee program file storage and record release procedures
- Provide trauma counselling for a maximum caseload of five (5) clients, including: o Complete initial consultation sessions with those seeking services o Provide individual and culturally relevant therapeutic counselling sessions for clients in alignment with CNM program policies and standards o Record and maintain formal client records in accordance with professional college and CNM program requirements to Participate in regular teem peer consultation sessions o Ensure therapy skills remain up to date in accordance with professional college requirements through participating in training, workshops webinars, online courses, and reading
- Other duties as required
- Graduate degree in Counselling Therapy, Psychology or Clinical Social Work and registered in good standing with a relevant college (Nova Scotia College of Counseling Therapists, Nova Scotia
College of Social Workers, or Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology).
- Specific trainings or credentials related to supervisory roles (Level 1 Training with NSCCT, or Supervisor Certificate with the CCPA considered an asset
- 3+ years of experience providing clinical supervision
- 5+ years of experience providing clinical therapy, experience in delivering sexual violence trauma therapy considered an asset
- Extensive working knowledge of Complex Trauma and Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Extensive knowledge of the cultural and social contexts that contribute to sexualized violence and its impacts on individuals and communities, including cultural themes related to trauma therapy and experiences working with diverse populations
- Process experience in developing program standards, guidelines, and pathways of care between systems of care and among circles of support
- Commitment to and understanding of anti-oppressive, anti-racist, feminist, and relational values
Additional Competencies and Knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a timely and transparent matter using the appropriate channels, tools, and techniques
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to monitor and track priorities, develop and implement workplans, monitor progress toward goals, and track data, information and activities
- Commitment to establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with others
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible, and creative in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Knowledge of the intersectional dimension of systemic inequalities, including but not limited to racism, colonialism, sexism/misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, classism/poverty, ableism, ageism, etc.
- Knowledge of the impacts of trauma work on staff, as well as best practices to mitigate vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue and burnout considered an asset
Why Work for Avalon?
Avalon recognizes and values the complexity and skill required in providing support to historical and acute traumas. As a proudly unionized and anti-oppressive workplace we are committed to fostering an organizational culture that actively promotes healthy work-life balance and invests in the support and growth of staff. This includes:
- 20 paid vacation days
- 15 paid wellness days
- Employer shared health benefits package
- Employer paid professional development
- Internal promotion and advancement opportunities
- Flexible working location
- Value and appreciation of lived experience
- Supportive and responsive team regarding vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue and burnout
- Hours: 35 hours/week (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30 pm OR 9:00am to 5:00pm, with 1- hour unpaid lunch break) with occasional evening work subject to Executive Director approval
- Location: This position requires regular reporting to the Avalon office, with occasional flexibility to work from home as requested and approved by the Executive Director. This position also requires the ability to travel within Nova Scotia, including the possibility of overnight travel.
- Compensation: $80,000 per annum, with eligibility for benefits and RRSP.
- SEIU Local 2: Avalon is a unionized workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be a bargaining unit member with SEIU Local 2.
Avalon is committed to building a diverse staff team and encourages applications from candidates from equity- seeking groups who bring important perspectives to this work. Members of equity-seeking groups face collective barriers to participating in society due to historic, social, attitudinal, and environmental marginalization based on race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, and other systemic challenges to equal access, opportunities and resources. Avalon supports leadership and employment opportunities for women, trans, Two-Spirit, non-binary and gender non-conforming individuals.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Dr. Sarah Rodimon, Executive Director. Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm Friday September 9, 2022.
Please note that applicants cannot have been an Avalon client in the past two years.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Flexible Language Requirement:
French not required
- 8 hour shift
Application deadline: 2022-09-09
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.