Relentlessly pursuing a future where everyone belongs
The Digital Content, Communications Coordinator will be part of our dynamic and collaborative communications team at Community Foundations of Canada. They will work across portfolios to support their fellow communications colleagues and other teams by: managing our digital channels including social media and websites, creating visual and web content, maintaining our brand identity and creating sub-brands for various programs and initiatives and developing digital evaluation tools to ensure communications is audience-led.
CFC is committed to relentlessly pursuing a future where everyone belongs — that starts with our team. We can grow, learn and better serve our communities with a diversity of perspectives and lived experiences. We welcome the unique contributions people can bring in terms of their geographic location in Canada, education, culture, ethnicity, Indigenous status, race, languages spoken, gender identity and expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
– Status: this is a full-time contract position for 18 months contingent on funding within a highly dynamic and motivated environment.
– Location: this position can be located anywhere in Canada with some possible travel for specific activities.
– Total Compensation Package: package is between $45,000 – $60,000 per year, depending on experience and project funding.
Who are we looking for?
You have a passion for creative content. You have an eye for design and the ability to simplify complex information. You can work independently but also enjoy collaboration across your team. You are comfortable working with diverse stakeholders and building positive relationship dynamics among groups with competing interests and priorities. You have excellent organizational skills and can manage a complex portfolio of work with multiple deadlines and deliverables. You can adapt to team structures and project management software. You are a self-starter with a can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude who’s not afraid to dive in wherever necessary to get the job done. You are adaptive and thrive when working in complexity. You understand and apply an anti-oppression, anti-racist, and feminist lens to your work. You uphold the values of CFC and help advance our commitments.
What does the role involve?
Cross-team and Cross-Programming Planning (25%)
– Support the communications team in the development and implementation of the annual Marketing Communications Plan and business objectives
– Assist with event management for various CFC programs, projects and initiatives, including playing a key role in CFC’s biennial conference planning team
– Work with colleagues across the organization to build CFC’s asset library, image bank and story bank for external communications
– Contribute to supporting a culture of communications throughout CFC, notably through the oversight and day-to-day management of shared platforms for internal communications (Slack, Trello etc) and other internal communications tools and content, including the Simply Board newsletter to CFC’s Board of Directors
– Assist building and deploying CFC’s feedback loop, including short polls, survey and feedback forms across relevant digital channels
– As time and interest allows, participated in working groups, committees etc
Content Creation and Delivery (60%)
– Help to steward online relationships with influencers and stakeholders via CFC’s social media channels
– Create, publish and maintain content for CFC’s website and several social media platforms administered and operated by CFC, including CFC’s corporate channels as well as Alliance2030
– Update and maintain mailing lists, accounts and subscriptions for CFC in collaboration with colleagues across the CFC team
– Contribute to CFC’s communications materials through copy writing, editing, proofreading and applying plain language as per CFC’s new style guide for consistency
– Support the writing and production of CFC’s Annual Report
– Act as a steward for the CFC brand ensuring content meets brand guidelines, reflecting CFCs visual aesthetic and tone
Performance Reporting and Analysis (15%)
– Help CFC develop and strengthen its tracking and metrics for digital content, including for web, social media, direct mail and other communications activities
– Build and maintain performance reports and dashboards to assist the CFC team to understand which content and strategies are most effective communicating with CFCs network
Skills and Qualifications:
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Comfort working in a distributed team and a pan-Canadian network (including a remote office environment as required)
– Capacity to create outstanding social media content in tight timelines. Capacity to create great video, stories, shareables.
– Social and online “connector,” and a capacity to engage with influencers and key online stakeholders
– A passion for all things digital and social, following trends and ever-evolving norms, practices and functionalities on social media platforms
– Strong attention to detail, ability to self-organize, prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines;
– Solid attention to brand and design practices, as well as the ability to produce visual, audio and video content an asset on tight timelines.
– Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, changing priorities
– High standards of professional behaviour, ethical standards, and sound judgment
– Lived experiences or knowledge that contribute to CFC’s purpose, creativity, and perspectives
– Proficiency in the following tools: Social media platforms and management (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Buffer and Sprout Social), Website (WordPress, Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics),
Design/content creation software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva, Piktochart, iMovie).
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French
– Proficiency in advanced video tools in the Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Premiere Pro, Lightroom and Audition.
– Experience with targeted advertising including Google ads and Facebook ads.
– Significant experience with Google Analytics including SEO experience.
– Proficiency in HTML and CSS coding and/or experience with Dreamweaver or other coding languages.
– Experience with working in a bilingual communications environment, with translators and interpreters
– Understanding of targetted communications approaches to reach equity-seeking groups including but not limited to Indigenous communities, the LBGTQ2S community, racialized communities, and OLM communities
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to this form. Please address your cover letter to Jacqueline Reid, Director of Communications (email@example.com). In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in joining CFC and this role.
The deadline for applications is June 19, although applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis so please apply early.
To apply for this job please visit communityfoundations.ca.