Website Craft Nova Scotia
Encourage and promote craft in Nova Scotia
We are seeking an enthusiastic, well organized individual to join our Craft Nova Scotia Team as a Project Assistant. The Project Assistant will help to the Annual Craft Nova Scotia Designer Craft Show, Pop-up sales events, retail sales through the Online Designer Craft Shop, training workshops, as well as other special events and program activities, as required. The Project Assistant will report to the Special Projects and Events Coordinator and work collaboratively with other team members in the delivery of Craft NS programs and services.
- Assist and support in the planning and coordination of Craft Nova Scotia Designer Craft Show and Pop up sales events.
- To provide day to day support in the operation of the Online Designer Craft Shop, including creating listings, tracking sales & inventory, managing vendors
- Provide administrative support for special events and programs, including assistance with processing registrations.
- Provide exceptional customer service in developing and nurturing positive relationships in the community.
- Liaise with artisans, vendors, and suppliers.
- Assist with event set up, onsite event operations, and tear down.
- Assist in the development and administration of program evaluations
- Assist in coordinating and tracking program and event statistics.
- Work with craft artists to increase their marketing and online sales capabilities
- Support and assist other team members in the planning, development and implementation of craft Nova Scotia’s programs and services.
- Work with other team members to develop awareness of Nova Scotia’s craft sector regionally, nationally, and globally.
- College diploma in business or related field, arts and cultural management, fine arts, and or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience with ecommerce and online marketing
- Experience in event management.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, and time management skills.
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite of programs (specifically Word, Outlook, Excel), CRM programs, Square, Shopify, and other related programs.
- Appreciation and familiarity of craft practices, and the Nova Scotia arts, cultural and craft community.
HOURS OF WORK
20 hours per week. (Term Position, August – November 2022)
Upon completion of the term, the position will be reviewed with the possible option of extension. Due to the nature of this position a combination of on site in the Craft Nova Scotia office and remote work may be considered. This position does require some weekend and evening work to support programs and events as necessary.
$15- $18 per hour per, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
August 7, 2022, 11:59pm
Proof of vaccine as per Craft Nova Scotia’s Workplace Covid 19 Prevention Policy as a condition of employment.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to: Careers@craftnovascotia.ca
Please include “Project Assistant” in subject line.
Craft Nova Scotia strives to foster a culture that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including IBOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, immigrants, and people with disabilities.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Craft Nova Scotia is located within Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. This territory is covered by the Treaties of Peace and Friendship of 1726. We acknowledge and honour the Mi’kmaq people who have cared for and continue to care for this land. As Treaty People, Indigenous and non-Indigenous we share the mutual responsibilities for stewardship and sustainability of our cultures and community within this beautiful land. Craft Nova Scotia is committed to deepening our learning and strive to honour and uphold these Treaties through the preservation and celebration of cultural traditions and contemporary craft practices.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.