Website Craft Nova Scotia
Encourage and promote craft in Nova Scotia
We are seeking a creative, forward-thinking individual to join our Craft Nova Scotia team as Special Projects and Event Coordinator. This well organized, motivated individual will coordinate the Craft Nova Scotia’s Annual Craft Nova Scotia Designer Craft Show(s), Pop-up sales events, training and development workshops, as well as other special events, and provide oversight of the Online Designer Craft Shop. The Special Projects and Events Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with other team members in the delivery of innovative programs, services and events to serve the craft community.
· Oversee the planning and implementation of the Craft Nova Scotia Designer Craft Show(s), and other Pop up sales events; including, overall event set up, onsite event operations, and tear down.
· Coordinate development of the Online Designer Craft Shop; including, establishing sales objectives, site promotion, results tracking, etc.
· Develop and implement an annual series of business skills development workshops for artisans and others in the craft community.
· Work collaboratively to identify and secure sponsorship and funding opportunities to assist in supporting program and events.
· Seek out collaborative relationships and community partners in the planning and implementation or events initiatives.
· Develop collaborative relationships with other related organizations, funders, agencies and businesses.
· Research and identify trends in craft businesses and creative industries, to inform and develop innovative practices and programs to enhance innovation in the craft sector.
· Supervise project and events staff and volunteers.
· Work with artisans and craftspeople to increase their marketing and online sales capabilities.
· Collaborate with the Membership Engagement and Administrative Coordinator on marketing and communications to support and promote programs and initiatives.
· Coordinate the development and compilation of program and event evaluations, surveys and related program and event statistics.
· Collaborate with and support other team members in the provision of programs and services to the craft community.
· Work collaboratively with other team members to develop and increase the awareness and value of Nova Scotia’s craft sector regionally, nationally, and globally.
· University degree or College diploma in business or related field, arts and cultural management, fine arts, and or equivalent training and experience.
· Experience in ecommerce, online marketing.
· Experience in event management.
· Experience in project management.
· Experience in developing and nurturing collaborative relationships within the community.
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational, and time management skills.
· Strong organizational, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
· Awareness, commitment and understanding of occupational health and safety practices.
· Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite of programs (specifically Word, Outlook, Excel), CRM programs, Square, Shopify, and other related programs.
· Appreciation and familiarity of craft practices, and the Nova Scotia arts, cultural and craft community.
HOURS OF WORK
35 hours per week. The typical hours are Monday -Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
Due to the nature of this position hybrid work arrangements will be considered, (a combination of on site in the Craft Nova Scotia office and remote work). This position does require some weekend and evening work to support programs and events as necessary.
$37, 310 – $42,640 per annum, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefit package, including the option of cost shared pension and health coverage, as per Craft Nova Scotia’s Personnel Policy.
August 7, 11:59pm
Proof of vaccine as per Craft Nova Scotia’s Workplace Covid 19 Prevention Policy as a condition of employment.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to: Careers@craftnovascotia.ca
Please include “Special Projects and Event Coordinator” in the subject line.
Craft Nova Scotia strives to foster a culture that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including IBOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, immigrants, and people with disabilities.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Craft Nova Scotia is located within Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. This territory is covered by the Treaties of Peace and Friendship of 1726. We acknowledge and honour the Mi’kmaq people who have cared for and continue to care for this land. As Treaty People, Indigenous and non-Indigenous we share the mutual responsibilities for stewardship and sustainability of our cultures and community within this beautiful land. Craft Nova Scotia is committed to deepening our learning and strive to honour and uphold these Treaties through the preservation and celebration of cultural traditions and contemporary craft practices.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.