Website Craft Nova Scotia
We are seeking two motivated, well-organized, energetic individuals to join our Craft Nova Scotia team in term positions as Project Assistants (Gallery & Events/Digital Programming & Events). These positions will play a key role within Craft Nova Scotia as we transition and move forward with new and emerging programs. The candidate(s) will work in collaboration with team members to assist in the planning, implementation, and support of Craft Nova Scotia program, events and services. They will assist in the development and piloting of our new digital learning project, support programming within the Centre for Craft, exhibitions and gallery operations, and other events, including retail and pop -up markets. They will also assist with our Online Designer Craft Shop, the piloting of our Summer Designer Craft Shop, as well as any additional programs and events.
These positions require individuals with strong communications, organizational and project management skills.
These positions are supported through Employment and Social Development Canada, Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) to provide post-secondary students across Canada with paid work experience.
Candidates must be a post-secondary student enrolled in a recognized Canadian PSE institution (university, college, CEGEP, polytechnic); a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
• Provide administrative support for special events including retail markets and pop-up events.
• Hands on support with event set up, onsite event operations, and tear down.
• Assist in the coordination of virtual and in person events and/or meetings as needed.
• Assist with program and event evaluations
• Assist with reviewing and compiling program and event statistics
• To provide support in the operation and marketing of the Online Designer Craft Shop.
• To provide planning and implementation support to the Summer Pop up Shop and other pop-up events.
• Coordinate with Membership Engagement Coordinator on communication and marketing requirements to support programming and or events.
• Provide support and assistance to other team members in the planning, development and implementation of craft Nova Scotia’s programs and services
• Provide exceptional customer service at our Mary E Black Gallery and Summer Designer Craft Shop and other Craft Nova Scotia events or activities.
• Represent Craft Nova Scotia at community events and activities.
• Provide support and assistance to other team members as necessary.
Gallery & Events
• Hands on support in planning and installation of gallery exhibitions
• Provide hands on assistance with the implementation of infrastructure improvement project
• Host gallery and facility tours as required
Digital Programming & Events
• Assist in the planning and development of Craft Nova Scotia’s Digital Learning program.
• Attend Digital Learning Steering Committee meetings
• Conducting research related to the digital learning platform and content, including survey development, and community engagement
• Contribute to the development and implementation if the project communication plan
• Pursuing a Bachelor ‘s Degree in arts and cultural management, fine arts, project management, communication and/or business administration.
• Strong organizational, and time management skills.
• Knowledge of various digital learning platforms and resources would be an asset.
• Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite of programs (specifically Word, Outlook, Excel) Shopify, and other related programs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Appreciation and familiarity of craft practices, and the Nova Scotia arts, cultural and craft community.
HOURS OF WORK
This is a 14-week term position
35 hours per week.
This position will work primarily on site in the Craft Nova Scotia office, remote working arrangements will be considered. This position may require some weekend and evening work to support programs and events as necessary.
April 30th 2023 11:59pm AST
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com
Please include “Project Assistant” in subject line.
Craft Nova Scotia strives to foster a culture that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including BIPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, immigrants, and people with disabilities.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Craft Nova Scotia is located within Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. This territory is covered by the Treaties of Peace and Friendship of 1726. We acknowledge and honour the Mi’kmaq people who have cared for and continue to care for this land. As Treaty People, Indigenous and non-Indigenous we share the mutual responsibilities for stewardship and sustainability of our cultures and community within this beautiful land. Craft Nova Scotia is committed to deepening our learning and strive to honour and uphold these Treaties through the preservation and celebration of cultural traditions and contemporary craft practices.
To apply for this job please visit craftnovascotia.ca.