Permanent – Part Time $14/hour
We are looking for a mature person to help out on weekends and evenings. This is a permanent position with minimum hours of Saturday 10am-4pm and Sunday noon to 4pm. during the summer with extra hours during events and rentals. And minimum hours 12-5 Saturday & Sunday during winter months.
Who we are:
The Fisherman’s Cove Development Association is a Not-for-Profit organization which manages Fisherman’s Cove in Eastern Passage, NS. We lease 14 shops and restaurants and manage the Heritage Center which houses a small museum and is a venue which is rented out for weddings, parties and meetings etc. We are a local tourist destination with a beach, boardwalk and public access dock.
Who we are looking for:
Must be mature, able to work with minimal supervision, available weekends & evenings and able to work some late nights during wedding rentals. Must be friendly, enjoy talking to the public as well as enjoy working with young adults (summer staff). Must be flexible with availability as January – April are the slowest months and May-September are the busiest. We are willing to provide training.
Work in relationship with the Business Manager and Chair of the Board to over-see the daily operations of Fisherman’s Cove on the weekends and during venue rentals. This includes but is not limited to:
· Be onsite during venue rentals (this includes some late nights when the Heritage Center is rented out for weddings etc.).
· Clean and maintain public washrooms
· Relieve the Manager during vacations
· Answer phones, direct visitors, create the occasional word document
· Cleaning: light dusting, cleaning, sweeping and mopping
· Help plan, set up and execute several annual events
· Work in the gift shop handling cash and POS purchases
· Periodic bar service during events or rentals
Experience considered an asset
· Experience in a leadership role
· Bar and/or food service
· Customer service
· Retail sales