Website GEO Nova Scotia
Getting Everyone Online
GEO Nova Scotia is hiring a Digital Inclusion Facilitator located in Cape Breton to help deliver Digital Inclusion support for Nova Scotians. This is an exciting new position, and the successful candidate will play an important part in developing and refining the role and responsibilities as the program matures.
Applications will be accepted until 12pm on December 30, 2022. Please be sure to include a cover letter that speaks to your experience, but we also want to get a glimpse of your personality.
- Provide online Digital Inclusion training and support to front-line staff from a variety of partner organizations for our new “Digital Champions” program.
- Work directly with program participants and/or volunteers with a thoughtful and human-centric approach.
- Provide intake and support services for participants in our “GEO Connects” program, including establishing low-cost home internet accounts and managing the distribution of devices.
- Foster trust and respect in all processes to help allow the greatest variety of perspectives to join and inform our collective success.
Education & Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong digital skills are required
- Experience teaching individuals and/or groups is strongly preferred
- Experience in client or customer service is an asset
- Experience with Google Workspace and Salesforce is an asset
- Experience working in partnership with the non-profit sector is an asset
- French language proficiency is an asset
- Knowledge of people who are disadvantaged or understanding of equity issues
Candidate Profile & Skills:
- Interpersonal & cultural awareness
- Embraces ambiguity
- Justice and inclusion orientation
- Customer service
- Team & collaborative approach
- Culturally sensitive
Salary $48,000 – $52,000 / year (commensurate with experience).
The compensation package includes three weeks of vacation, and cost-shared medical and dental benefits. The contributor will also be provided with a laptop and other equipment as needed.
Digital Inclusion Facilitators work primarily from home, with the potential for opportunities in the future to spend some time working in the community, if desired.
This role requires access to high-speed internet and we recognize this may limit those who can apply, which is why we are so passionately working towards getting everyone equal access to the internet.
40 hours /week, generally Monday – Friday during business hours, however there may be some requirement for early evenings or occasional weekend time.
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia (Remote)
To apply for this job please visit p4g.ca.