Website Nova Scotia Community College
Faculty – Non-Profit Leadership
School of Business and Creative Industries
Continuing Full-Time Position: Commencing approximately August 15, 2022
Application deadline is 11:59PM, July 12, 2022. APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINK: 2022-233 – Faculty, Non-Profit Leadership – eCampus at Nova Scotia Community College | Careerbeacon.com
Competition No. 2022-233
The salary scale for NSCC Faculty is based on twelve steps that range from $63,517.16 – $93,995.64. New NSCC Faculty may receive up to a maximum of five steps for relevant occupational experience. New NSCC Faculty may receive up to an additional four steps for full-time equivalent years of instructional experience (instructional experience is defined as teaching post-secondary). The maximum a new NSCC Faculty can expect to receive is nine steps or $86,072.38.
This is a remote work opportunity. You must have a suitable work-from-home office space and be within commuting distance to any of NSCC’s physical campuses. NSCC will supply your home office with all computing requirements (computer, monitors, etc.).
NSCC firmly believes a vaccinated population is a vital part of keeping us, our friends, families and communities protected from COVID-19 and the developing, fast-moving variants. As such, we recommend that NSCC employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
What you will be doing…
As a member of the School of Business and Creative Industries faculty team, you will provide theoretical and practical instruction to Non-Profit Leadership and Business Administration students, in an online asynchronous environment. Courses include Introduction to Non-profit Organizations, Non-profit Communications, Governance of Non-profit Organizations, Strategic Management for Non-profit Organizations, Marketing Non-profit Organizations, Philanthropy and Fund Development, Human Resource Management for Non-profits, Financial Management of Non-profit Organizations, Non-profit Leadership Capstone Project, and Business Communications. You will collaboratively design and deliver educational experiences for a diverse group of learners. This will include preparation and advice on relevant course materials, instruction, assessment, and evaluation of students using a broad range of flexible teaching and learning practices and technologies such as Learning Management Systems (e.g. Brightspace) and classroom technology. Related duties include but are not limited to academic and career advisement, participating on committees, program marketing, curriculum revision/development through collaborative practice within faculty working groups, supporting and monitoring work placements, liaising with business and industry, representing the College as required and upholding NSCC policies and procedures. You will also ensure health and safety practices and procedures are followed in your classroom, shops and labs. As a Faculty of NSCC, you will be expected to maintain currency with the latest industry practices relevant to your program and to continually develop your understanding of 21st century teaching and learning practices. This position may involve teaching within any of our lines of business (e.g. certificate/diploma programs, continuing education, customized learning, apprenticeship), across different delivery modalities (e.g. in-class, online, blended online/in-class), off-site instruction and alternate work hours such as weekends and evenings.
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a relevant university degree (Business Administration, Commerce, Public Sector Administration, Social Entrepreneurship, Community Development) AND certification in Non-Profit Leadership. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Sector Administration, Social Entrepreneurship, or Community Development would be considered an asset. Additionally, a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation would be considered an asset.
- You have a minimum of five years (full-time equivalent) of recent and related occupational experience working with Non-Profit Organizations in the Non-profit Leadership sector.
- Occupational experience that includes experience in a supervisory capacity; evaluating, monitoring, assessing and advising will be considered an asset.
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in Governance of Non-Profit Organizations, Philanthropy and Fund Development, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management for Non-profit Organizations, Financial Management of Non-profit Organizations, and Business Communications.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite and E-mail.
- You possess basic internet skills to search for information coupled with internet information skills to evaluate the information you find. Above all, you are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in support of an exceptional student experience.
- You have demonstrated experience liaising with business and industry in your field.
- Ideally, you have related experience in the delivery of educational programs or training to adults in an asynchronous environment.
- You have knowledge and experience in applying WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety and occupation-specific safety practices.
- You are comfortable using multi-media technologies and a variety of platforms that will serve to engage students in online and blended learning capacities. The ability to teach effectively in an online/blended environment which includes building knowledge of best practices for the delivery and management of courses delivered whole or in part online, using a course management system to communicate with students and to foster and support a collaborative online learning community with and between students will be an important factor in your success. Candidates who do not have previous online/blended teaching experience must be open to and willing to participate in training for this delivery model.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent presentation skills and can facilitate content effectively and engagingly to a variety of audiences
- You are known for your superior interpersonal skills and can manage interpersonal relationships and issues effectively
- Your superb team-building skills will enable you to develop a positive classroom dynamic and productive, collegial relationships
- Your commitment to excellence, to lifelong learning and community involvement, make you an ideal candidate for Faculty at NSCC
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINK: 2022-233 – Faculty, Non-Profit Leadership – eCampus at Nova Scotia Community College | Careerbeacon.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.