Website PhoenixHfx Phoenix Youth Programs
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, CAPITAL CAMPAIGN
FULL-TIME, TERM, (MINIMUM 4 YEARS)
START DATE: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Since 1987, Phoenix has been dedicated to supporting youth and contributing to a vibrant community. Phoenix’s eleven locations in Halifax, N.S. provide a continuum of care for youth aged 11-24 and their families. Our team of caring professionals recognizes that each person who comes to us has individual needs as well as strengths. People are the leaders in their own lives; Phoenix is a leader in supporting them. To learn more about Phoenix, visit our website: www.phoenixyouth.ca
A staff group that represents the diversity of the people and communities we serve is of the utmost importance. Phoenix is committed to reducing barriers to employment and career growth that have traditionally impacted members from the following groups, African Nova Scotians, Indigenous People, and Other Racially Visible Persons, Members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ Community, and Persons with Disabilities. If you are a member of one of these equity-seeking groups, you are encouraged to self-identify in your cover letter or your resume. We would also appreciate if you would share your pronouns in your cover letter or your resume.
Job Summary: Phoenix is in the early stages of a significant and transformative Capital Campaign. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support in all aspects of the Capital Campaign, including gift processing, and day-to-day operations of the administration and fund development office.
Compensation: $45,000 – $50,000 annual salary range, comprehensive group medical insurance plan, Employee and Family Assistance Program, RRSP contribution, three weeks annually of vacation (pro-rated for the term), generous sick leave, a generous paid holiday schedule, in-house trainings, and professional development opportunities.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., with flexibility and occasional evenings and weekends as required.
Location: 5880 Spring Garden Road, Suite 200, Halifax, NS.
Reports to: Director of Research & Strategy, Capital Campaign with day-to-day supervision by the Executive Assistant.
Screening Requirements: Due to the sensitive nature of our work with youth, this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector search, a child abuse register check and proof of education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Office administration including reception (in-person, phone, and email), incoming/outgoing/internal mail, organization/office efficiency, and general office duties as required.
- Provide support to the Capital Campaign team, Executive Assistant, and Executive Director – scheduling/coordinating meetings, preparing communications materials, maintaining file systems.
- Donation/gift/event transaction processing of all types (bank deposits, credit cards, electronic fund transfers (EFTs), online, CanadaHelps, in-kind, etc.), cash handling, including office petty cash.
- Preparing tax receipts and thank you letters/packages in a timely manner and in strict accordance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines.
- Maintain the financial integrity of gifts through accurate data entry and tracking of donor information in collaboration with the Fund Development team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Outstanding technical skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and complete records.
- A high level of integrity, attention to detail, and sound judgment to handle confidential materials and situations with sensitivity and discretion.
- Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and adapt priorities as required.
- Ability to work as a productive, creative, and cooperative team member.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Understanding of social justice issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An undergraduate degree or diploma or equivalent work-related transferable experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an administrative or fundraising support role including data management, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Volunteer and/or work experience in the non-profit sector is an asset.
As Phoenix continues to provide in-person programs and services during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have an obligation to maintain a safe environment for our staff, volunteers, student placements, and the youth, families, and community members we work with. Phoenix firmly believes a vaccinated population is a vital part of keeping us, our youth, families, and communities protected from COVID-19 and the developing, fast-moving variants. Please be aware that Phoenix Youth Programs requires all employees, volunteers and student placements working at any of our Phoenix locations to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, (subject to specific exemptions regarding health or human rights issues).
TO APPLY: * Please note that interviews may take place during the posting period.
Please forward a resume and a cover letter (in Word or as a PDF document) with pertinent information about your qualifications by 11:59pm (ADT) on Thursday, July 21st, 2022, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Admin Assistant, Capital Campaign”.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.