STATEMENT OF INTENTION
At its core, placemaking is about creating spaces that welcome everyone – which is exactly what we are on a mission to do at Placemaking 4G (P4G), and we are looking for a new Placemaker to help us do this.
Our intention is to find a contributor who is open to the process of learning and leaning into new practices. Vulnerability, compassion, humility and patience are essential, as is the willingness to fail and commitment to reflect. We are committed to doing the hard work here, the kind of work that doesn’t always have a clear or right answer. To navigate this journey (and it is a journey), we rely on our values of amplifying, community and trust. These values are how we hold ourselves, and each other, accountable to leading with our best intentions.
We encourage applications from Black, racialized and Indigenous Peoples, 2SLGBTQ+, newcomers to Canada, and those with a disability. If you are a member of a group that has been historically excluded from opportunities, we encourage you to self-identify in your cover letter or resume and to share your pronouns. We will accommodate those with disabilities at any stage of the hiring process.
P4G IS A VALUES-BASED RECRUITING FIRM AND PURPOSE-LED SOCIAL ENTERPRISE.
We believe when there is true alignment between people and the work they do, it creates an environment where everyone can thrive. Our job at P4G is to facilitate that process and connection.
We work closely with our clients to help them find an individual who is aligned with the culture and vision of the organization and can contribute in meaningful ways. Through our customized talent attraction process, we get to know the humans behind the organization we represent, and the candidates we meet and support on their journey. We dig deep to uncover insights about their working style, aspirations, passions and personal values that impact their contributions in the workplace.
We are driven by our purpose:
“To inspire a values-driven climate where contributors thrive and purpose ignites action.”
HOW WE WORK
Incorporating equitable and inclusive hiring practices throughout the search is foundational to our process. In 2022, more than 70% of the searches we’ve conducted have resulted in placing someone from a racialized or historically overlooked community as the successful candidate.
We help our clients ensure candidates are set up to positively contribute and thrive in their new workplace. This work is both challenging and rewarding and we are grateful for the opportunity to do it, learn from it and improve it every day.
Finally, as the only firm of its kind registered as a Social Enterprise Community Interest Company (CIC) in Nova Scotia, our commitment to the community runs deep. As a CIC, we are mandated to re-invest 60% of profits back into local communities through efforts that help to reduce barriers to sustainable economic development. We also encourage P4G team members to give back to the communities and groups that matter to them, even if it means using ‘traditional’ work hours to do so. This approach works because our team is built on a foundation of trust and transparency. As a result, our small team volunteers with more than 30 different community groups and organizations.
THIS MOMENT, THIS POSITION
P4G started as a small team with a big idea – to humanize the world of work.
We have been fortunate to be able to grow our business with clients who are aligned with our vision and have a shared desire to build their teams based on more than just what can be communicated on a resume or by the number of boxes they check.
As a result of this growth, we are excited to add a new Placemaker to our own team. We are looking for a contributor who is motivated by the opportunity to support clients in building intentional and meaningful connections, and teams that can reach their full potential.
There is a paradigm shift happening in the world of work today. Our future clients are making the decision, right now, to invest in mindful recruiting practices that will lead to stronger, dynamic and inclusive teams. Individuals are looking for a sense of belonging, contribution, connection and authenticity — and we are prepared to meet our clients with the necessary insight and approach to make this aspiration a reality.
We’d love for you to join us.
WHAT IS A PLACEMAKER?
At P4G, we use the terms Placemaker and Recruiter interchangeably. A Placemaker works with an organization to understand its business and culture and helps to identify and connect authentically aligned individuals. When there is true alignment between people in an organization – those who share in a mission, a vision and values – this connection creates an environment where everyone thrives.
What would you get to do, as a Placemaker?
- Consult with our clients on their needs using P4G’s unique purpose-driven process.
- Provide a thoughtful candidate experience with each interaction/touchpoint.
- Assist in the creation of candidate profiles and Opportunity Briefs to showcase searches.
- Conduct staff and stakeholder cultural snapshot interviews to get an understanding of the client’s culture and the opportunity for a new contributor.
- Co-create a customized posting and distribution strategy.
- Be a candidate’s primary point of contact, and conduct: pre-vetting, phone screening, long listing, and all subsequent personalized interviews.
- Use our internally developed, Applicant Tracking System, to document and review potential contributors.
- Present candidate short-lists and collaborate to select candidates for interview.
- Design the interview process, including interview questions and preparing clients for interviews, etc.
- Manage logistics associated with the interviews including scheduling, etc.
- Conduct all reference checks required to provide insights to assist in selecting finalists.
- Provide support in negotiation of the employment contract, if needed.
- Once an offer has been accepted, tactfully notify all other candidates.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and projects focusing on team processes and building our reputation and network.
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
- Over one year of experience in full-cycle recruitment.
- A passion for helping to build teams.
- Active listening, and an open mindset and heart.
- A strong desire to improve the job seeker experience.
- A willingness to challenge the status quo.
- HR certificate, diploma or designation is considered an asset.
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Extra-long weekends for each holiday (BOGO Days!) 70%
P4G Paid Benefits and Health Care Spending Account
Work from home
Flexible Work Schedule
RRSP or TFSA Matching
Applications will be accepted until September 23, 2022.
Please be sure to include a cover letter that speaks to your experience, but we also want to get a glimpse of your personality.
Don’t be generic, be yourself.