Website Sexual Health Nova Scotia
We champion positive sexual health throughout the lifespan.
System Navigator, SGR Registry & Warmline
CONTRACT TERM: Anticipated start date June 7, 2023 – March 31, 2024
HOURS: 37.5 hrs/week
COMPENSATION: $75,000 per annum
LOCATION: Remote, some travel around Nova Scotia required
Sexual Health Nova Scotia (SHNS) represents the provincial network of community-based sexual health centres. We work together to champion positive sexual health throughout the lifespan for all Nova Scotians through the following core activities: Advocacy; Education; Navigation; Partnership.
Sex-positive, open-minded, and non-shaming
Respectful of individuals’ confidentiality and autonomy
Committed to an evidence-based approach rooted in best practices
Mindful of equity and inclusion in all aspects of our work
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
SHNS has received funding from Health Canada’s Sexual and Reproductive Care Fund to oversee the establishment of a virtual, provincial sexual, gender, and reproductive (SGR) registry and warmline. The goal is to facilitate linkages to SGR care from primary health care (PHC) and/or other appropriate service providers, and build their capacity to provide basic SGR services. While the registry support may be utilized by all Nova Scotians, it is primarily targeting marginalized and underserved groups such as 2SLGBTQIA+ and racialized populations, and youth who often struggle with access to these services.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As System Navigator for the SGR Registry & Warmline project, you will be responsible for:
– Facilitating timely referral and connection to PHC and other appropriate organizations for Nova Scotians with unmet SGR-related needs, particularly underserved communities such as 2SLGBTQIA+, Indigenous and those of African descent, youth, and/or folks who live in rural areas.
– Responding to questions from PHC and community-based service providers regarding access to sexual health services, and providing navigation support to those seeking SGR health care services
– Supporting the Project Manager and Web Developer in developing and launching the Registry
– Developing and Launching the Warmline in conjunction with the SHNS ED, Project Manager, Advisory Committee and Task Team
– Working with the Project Manager and Evaluator Consultant in developing and implementing a performance management plan
– Supporting ongoing communication about project activities with the ED of SHNS, the Advisory Committee and Task Team, and the Project Manager
– Attending meetings of the Advisory Committee and Task Team, and other project meetings
– Working with the Evaluator in monitoring and reporting progress
– Collecting data as per PMP, and assisting with data analysis
-Working with the Project Manager to develop and distribute committee-approved sexual health resources, based on evidence and best practice
In collaboration with the SHS ED and Project Manager, representing the project on provincial committees and at events as required
Supporting new and existing partnerships with organizations and services that are aligned with the vision and mission of SHNS and partners
Public Relations and Promotions
– Assisting with the creation and implementation of a promotions plan in conjunction with the team
– Assisting with the creation of content that will go on ads, social media accounts, and the website (in collaboration with the Project Manager and summer student staff)
– Experience working within the not-for-profit sector and engaging stakeholders and partners with system navigation efforts. Ideally you have both clinical and community-based experience and/or lived experience navigating the healthcare system
– Demonstrates the principles/values of SHNS
– Broad knowledge of sexual, gender, and reproductive health issues, stakeholders, best practices, and resources in Nova Scotia
– Knowledge of Nova Scotia’s health system, and relevant provincial and federal government health strategies/guiding documents (e.g., Action for Health)
– Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, including comfort speaking with diverse people
– Ability and experience writing accountability reports to funders
– Demonstrated ability to function as team member, leader, and facilitator
– Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload
– Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
– Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and present data effectively. Experience conducting needs assessments and focus groups
– Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a changing environment
– Computer literacy to operate file sharing, word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, Internet, and e-mail software – specifically skills using Google suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Forms, etc.), Zoom, and WordPress would be an asset
– Comfort with remote work
We are committed to the principles of equity in our hiring practices and value the knowledge and expertise gained through lived experience. We encourage applications from candidates whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class, disability, gender identity/expression, and sexual orientation.
There is no such thing as the perfect candidate. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply and share your story with us. We want someone who is passionate about our project, and about connecting our community with sexual, gender and reproductive health resources.
We believe strongly in accessibility in all the work we do. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process; please advise at any point and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “APPLICATION – SHNS System Navigator” in the subject line.
The successful candidate may be required to provide a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search).
Application deadline: Wednesday, May 10th at 11:59pm. We thank everyone for their interest but we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. If contacted for an interview please be prepared to provide a minimum of 2 professional references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.