Website St John Ambulance
Manager of Community Services – Full Time, Permanent – Dartmouth, NS
St. John Ambulance NS/PEI, a charitable organization, a leader in first aid training and volunteering, is seeking a Manager to support its Community Services programs in Nova Scotia and PEI.
St. John Ambulance is an international humanitarian organization and is a foundation of the Order of St. John. As Canada’s standard for excellence in first aid, CPR and mental Health services, St. John Ambulance offers innovative programs, ensuring Canadians receive the best quality training. Revenue generated from first aid/CPR training supports St. John Ambulance’s charitable work in Canada and around the world.
The Manager of Community Services must be flexible and able to support the dynamic needs of the Community Services department. The chosen candidate will be responsible to manage the development and implementation of Community Service programs for Nova Scotia and PEI, supporting the Community Services Teams and ensuring SJA is being represented professionally in the community. This position is ideal for an individual who thrives on change and can easily adapt to new tasks and responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership experience and the ability to work collaboratively with community partners. The ideal candidate will have experience managing and implementing programs in the community and supervising staff that implement community based programing. Experience supporting volunteers, and technical ability will also be required.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
· With direction from the Director of Community Services, manage program development and support volunteer engagement for SJA programs
· Lead the community services team while engaging them in program development and strategic planning for all programs with SJA
· Support lead volunteers by facilitating engagement initiatives, mediation and other committees that support the development of our programs.
· Manage technological aspects of volunteer management software
· Representing St. John Ambulance at occasional events and tradeshows
· Network with other organizations to ensure sustainability and growth of the community service programs
· Research and direct grant seeking for projects and programs.
· Travel within NS and PEI (when required)
· University degree or college diploma in Recreation, Recreation Management, Social Sciences., or equivalent experience
· Strong leadership skills
· The ability to develop strong relationships
· Experience leading staff
· Experience supporting volunteers in a non-profit organization
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Strong computer skills
· Social media engagement
· Willingness to adapt to changing tasks and responsibilities
· Holds valid driver’s license
· Travel throughout NS/PEI as required
· Occasional evenings and weekends as required
Other Assets include:
· Experience working with youth and/or seniors
· Graphic design
· Media relations
Salary Range $50,000 – $60,000
SJA encourages applications from qualified African Nova Scotia’s, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons of the LGBTQIA2S+ community. SJA encourages applications to self identify.
Please forward a resume and cover letter to Annette.Deagle@sja.ca quoting
“Manager of Community Services Application”
Deadline April 25th
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for
an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.