St. John Ambulance NS/PEI
Manager of Finance– Full Time, Permanent
St. John Ambulance NS/PEI, a charitable organization, and a leader in delivering first aid training, is seeking a Manager of Finance to support the Finance team and operations in our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia office.
St. John Ambulance is an international humanitarian organization and is a foundation of the Order of St. John. As Canada’s standard for excellence in first aid, CPR and mental Health services, St. John Ambulance offers innovative programs, ensuring Canadians receive the best quality training. Revenue generated from first aid/CPR training supports St. John Ambulance’s charitable work in Canada and around the world.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and supporting a team of qualified Accounting Technicians, the Manager of Finance is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely reporting, payroll and benefits administration, and ensuring that controls are maintained in a fast-paced work environment.
The ideal candidate is a self starter possessing strong interpersonal and management skills, a strong knowledge of full book accounting and experienced with enterprise level accounting systems. An ability to mentor and train are essential to this role.
While the focus will be on ensuring day to day activities are effectively managed and recorded, this position may be tasked with ad hoc projects and responsibilities and will, from time to time, participate in focus groups and committees both on a regional and national basis.
As the key contact point for payroll and benefits this position requires a strong knowledge of employment standards for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. As such PCP Certification, while not mandatory, will be considered an asset.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Preparation of monthly financial statements to draft level
· Day to day financial processing including cash management and subledger maintenance
· Supervising a team of qualified accounting personnel
· Ensuring that strong financial controls are followed and maintained
· Assist with annual audit
· Assist with preparation of annual budget
· Processing of company payroll and management of benefits program
· Formal accounting training in a post secondary environment
· Strong knowledge of General Ledger and financial reporting
· Experience managing a team in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with payroll and benefits management
· Well versed in Microsoft products including Teams, Business Central and Dynamics
· CPA Candidate and payroll certification are considered strong assets
· Experience with Business Central or Microsoft Dynamics
· Experience with Excel and PowerBi
St. John Ambulance encourages applications from qualified African Nova Scotia’s, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons of the LGBTQIA2S+ community.
Salary range: $50,000 – $60,000
Please forward a resume and cover letter to David.Jaques@sja.ca with the
subject line “Manager of Finance”.
Application Deadline: April 22,2022
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.