Position Title: Program Assistant
Duration: Full-time, 12-month contract (with the possibility of extension to full-time, permanent)
Salary: $40,000-$43,000 per year (commensurate with skills and experience)
Work location: Hybrid with the flexibility to work both at home and at our office (located in Dartmouth, NS)
Techsploration is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative, and highly organized individual to join our team as a Program Assistant. This position will help support the development and delivery of Techsploration’s core programming and special events for youth in Grades 9 through 12 throughout Nova Scotia and PEI.
The Program Assistant is responsible for performing day-to-day administrative and event-related tasks in support of program delivery and implementation. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- assist and support in the planning, administration, and coordination of Techsploration programming and major events
- general inquiry response and regular correspondence with key stakeholders, including teachers, industry members, and volunteers
- meeting coordination and meeting minutes
- assist with event set-up, onsite event operations, and dismantle
- assist in the development and administration of program evaluation
- support and assist other team members in relation to the planning, development and implementation of programming
- support an inclusive and welcoming environment at all Techsploration meetings and events
- develop and nurture positive relationships with members of our Techsploration community
This entry-level position supports an active business environment with numerous stakeholders and requires professionalism and dedication. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
This position will report to the Program Manager and provide support, as necessary, to management staff and the Executive Director.
- University degree or college diploma in a related field, such as business administration, event coordination, recreational programming, etc.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Commitment to establishing and maintaining positive and respectful working relationships with others
- The ability to assist with the development of project and program scopes and deliverables, and the assistance of these programs from inception to completion
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible, and creative in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Nova Scotia driver’s licence — this position also requires the ability to travel within Nova Scotia and PEI, including overnight travel on occasion for major events
- Experience with youth-focused programming
- Experience with virtual or hybrid educational programming
- Bilingual (French)
JOIN OUR TEAM
Techsploration changes lives. Our mentor-led career exploration program directly influences the direction of our region’s future workforce, inspiring young women and non-binary youth to explore exciting and in-demand careers in science, engineering, trades, and technology. Our team is committed to our mission and has a strong sense of community. We care about what we do and each other. As a non-profit and community-led organization, we work hard to ensure we are providing a welcoming and inclusive environment where each team member feels valued, appreciated, and supported.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 3 weeks paid vacation, in addition to paid time-off over the holiday season
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work environment (flexibility to work remotely 2-3 days per week)
- Fun and engaging team-building activities throughout the year
- Free parking at office
- Access to professional development opportunities
Techsploration is located within Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. We are committed to and value diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Applicants wishing to disclose any personal details related to equitable or inclusive hiring are encouraged to do so in their application.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resumé to Emily Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Program Assistant Position” in the subject line.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Successful interview candidates will be subject to Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Records checks.
Closing date: September 23, 2022
For more information about Techsploration, please visit http://www.techsploration.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.