Duration: Full-time, 12-month contract (with the possibility of extension to full-time, permanent)
Salary: $20.00 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Work location: Hybrid – combination of remote and on-site office working environment. Techsploration’s office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Techsploration is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative, and highly organized individual to join our team as our Program Coordinator for Nova Scotia and PEI programming. This position will help support the development and delivery of Techsploration’s core programming and special events for youth in Grades 9 through 12 throughout Nova Scotia and PEI.
The Program Coordinator – Nova Scotia and PEI is responsible for performing day-to-day administrative and event-related tasks in support of program delivery and implementation. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· assist and support in the planning, administration, and coordination of Techsploration programming and major events
· general inquiry response and regular correspondence with key stakeholders, including teachers, industry members, and volunteers
· meeting coordination and meeting minutes
· assist with event set-up, onsite event operations, and dismantle
· assist in the development and administration of program evaluation
· support and assist other team members in relation to the planning, development and implementation of programming
· support an inclusive and welcoming environment at all Techsploration meetings and events
· develop and nurture positive relationships with members of our Techsploration community
· liaise with industry and education partners for program participation
This entry-level position supports an active business environment with numerous stakeholders and requires professionalism and dedication. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
This position will report to the Program Manager and provide support, as necessary, to management staff and the Executive Director.
· University degree or college diploma in a related field, such as business administration, event coordination, recreational programming, or equivalent work experience
· Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all learning and workplaces
· Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and social media)
· Organized and detail-oriented
· Commitment to establishing and maintaining positive and respectful working relationships with others
· The ability to assist with the development of project and program scopes and deliverables, and the assistance of these programs from inception to completion
· Ability to be adaptable, flexible, and creative in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Valid Nova Scotia driver’s licence – this position requires travel within Nova Scotia and PEI, including overnight travel for major events
· Experience with event coordination
· Experience with youth-focused programming and engaging with individuals from equity-deserving groups.
· Experience with virtual and/or hybrid educational programming
· Bilingual (French)
JOIN OUR TEAM
Techsploration changes lives. Our mentor-led career exploration program directly influences the direction of our region’s future workforce, inspiring young women and non-binary youth to explore exciting and in-demand careers in science, engineering, trades, and technology. Our team is committed to our mission and has a strong sense of community. We care about what we do and each other. As a non-profit and community-led organization, we work hard to ensure we are providing a welcoming and inclusive environment where each team member feels valued, appreciated, and supported.
What We Offer
· 3 weeks paid vacation, in addition to paid time-off over the holiday season
· Flexible working hours
· Remote/Hybrid work environment
· Free parking at office
· Fun and engaging team-building activities throughout the year
· Access to professional development opportunities
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resumé to Margaret Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Program Coordinator – Nova Scotia and PEI Position” in the subject line.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Successful interview candidates will be subject to Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Records checks.
Closing date: April 17, 2023
For more information about Techsploration, please visit http://www.techsploration.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.