Website The Marguerite Centre
The Marguerite Centre is looking for Board Members to help advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of The Marguerite Centre to support the organization’s mission and vision.
Our Mission: The Marguerite Centre fosters a healthier society by supporting women recovering from addiction through a long-term residential program focusing on the healing of mind, body and spirit.
Our Vision: A sustainable centre of excellence in addictions recovery that empowers all women to live healthy lifestyles while considering families and communities.
• Organizational leadership and advisement
• Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
• Formulation and oversight of governance policies and procedures
• Financial management, including approval and oversight of the annual Business Plan
• Evaluation and development of Executive Director
• Review of organizational and programmatic reports
• Promotion of the organization
• Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of The Marguerite Centre. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Expectations of board members:
• Attend, prepare for, and participate in meetings on a regular basis
• Attend special events as able.
• Participate on a standing committee of the board and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
• Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by The Marguerite Centre mission, objectives, and programs.
• Help communicate and promote The Marguerite Centre mission and programs to the community.
• Become familiar with The Marguerite Centre finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
• Understand the policies and procedures of The Marguerite Centre.
• Financially support The Marguerite Centre in a manner commensurate with one’s ability
This information is current at time of posting but is subject to change.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to Board@themargueritecentre.com.