Website Ulnooweg Education Centre
The Program Coordinator develops, operates and
manages the seasonal advanced education programs
offered by Ulnooweg Education Centre (UEC). In
conjunction with internal and external partners,
the Program Coordinator will oversee the revision,
organization, and implementation of UEC’s Pre-Collegiate
Prep, Oceans and Land-based Learning programs. The
purpose is to provide youth participants with inspiring
experiences and relevant skills to stimulate their interest in
and future pursuit of education and careers in STEAM.
UEC requires a Program Coordinator who will be responsible for developing
seasonal education programs which are consistent with UEC design based
on needs and interests of the communities we serve. This position requires
extensive planning, organization, and decision-making. The Program
Coordinator will plan, develop, promote, coordinate and implement
education-based programs under adopted policies and procedures of the
seasonal program. The incumbent will compose seasonal program reports,
manage the day-to-day functions of seasonal program life, plan recreational
programs and oversee seasonal program counsellors, other employees and
The seasonal advanced education programs are offered at a variety of sites in
• Plan, direct and supervise all seasonal education programs and
including staff, volunteers and participants.
• Define program goals and plan programs to reflect these goals
• Collaborate with internal partners to develop promotional materials,
recruitment plans, and to plan and monitor the program budget.
• Prepare and conduct pre-seasonal program staff training
• Manage all procurement including the ordering of food, program
supplies, and equipment and arrange for proper distribution
• Establish and communicate on-site procedures for staff and
• Develop routines, schedules and seasonal program operations.
• Supervise staff activities ensuring all responsibilities are met.
• Oversee the logistics, travel and accommodations for all staff,
volunteers and program participants.
• Supervise and evaluate all operation of programs including oversight of
the program budget.
• Maintain and review records and evaluations of all programs,
operations, staff and facilities
• Prepare evaluations and summaries of current seasonal program
sessions including inventories, staff evaluations, seasonal program
reports and recommendations for the following season
• Define and monitor crisis management plans, including emergency
procedures for the seasonal program
• Approve and organize travel
• Monitor safety and all safety procedures as they pertain to the complete
supervision of all parties
• Maintain an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being
Medical and Dental coverage
3 weeks paid vacation
Paid sick leave
Mi’kmaw Language Training
Cultural Education Programs
Annual holiday closure
• Post-secondary education or an acceptable combination of
education, experience and training (Education, Social Services,
• 2-3 years of experience in program planning and facilitation in a
formal or informal education setting or community organization.
• Experience working directly with Indigenous Elders, Knowledge
Keepers and youth.
• Demonstrated experience working in a team to effectively
• Knowledge of project management practices an asset.
Working Conditions and Operational Requirements:
• 24/7 availability may be required
• Physical ability to lift up to 75lb
• Overtime as required
• Hazards associated with working in a seasonal program setting
• Long hours, shift work
• Prolonged standing, walking, lifting, squatting and bending
• May perform work in adverse weather conditions including heat, cold
and inclement weather
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.