Website Youth Challenge International
Contract Length: 10 months
Commitment: Full time – 37.5 hours/week
Start Date: June 2023
About Youth Challenge International (YCI)
YCI is a leading global youth development organization that promotes youth innovation to drive positive change. Together with our partners we create market ready solutions that catapult youth around the world to succeed and prosper; we are driven by youth and their potential to affect positive change in the world. Our solutions are focused – always keeping the young people we are designing for and with at the center of the conversation. Our approach is rooted in creativity and constantly evolving to respond to changing needs and market realities. YCI is an organization where diversity and talent come together to shape a better future for youth around the world.
Climate Futures Lab
Leveraging YCI’s experience from the Innovate My Future climate action program, Climate Futures Lab will enhance efforts towards climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience by engaging youth in Calgary and Halifax. Climate Action Catalysts will be recruited to design and lead climate action projects in collaboration with their local municipalities. In teams, they will develop projects through a dynamic Human Centered Design process that meets community climate needs. This process will be delivered through a series of Learning and Action Labs, resulting in creative and engaging opportunities that address the current climate crisis.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Climate Futures Lab, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for providing program coordination to YCI’s Climate and Youth strategy, contributing to programming that promotes youth leadership development and civic engagement specifically through a climate-change lens. The ideal candidate excels at project management, is a skilled communicator and has experience in facilitation and working in community-level projects that involve climate activation, youth programming and advocacy.
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, and creative candidate to deliver exceptional results. We are looking for people to join our team who believe in youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
- Youth Mobilization and Engagement Support: Provide coordination support to recruitment and outreach strategies, support the selection and retention of youth participants, assist with tracking of the progress of youth participants through YCI’s Climate Futures Lab.
- Coordination and Administration: Provide coordination support to YCI’s Climate Futures Lab, including the logistics, tracking and administration of project activities with strong attention to detail; assist with planning and overseeing successful event implementation; coordinate and support data collection and report writing; manage youth granting processes and administration.
- Coaching & Mentorship: Provide direct coaching to youth volunteers; coordinate and support youth teams in community-level project implementation; maintain strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders; organize and track coaching and mentorship engagement of youth volunteers and stakeholders; manage the coordination of the Mentorship program.
- Training & Facilitation: Collaborate with the Program Manager, Climate Futures Lab in the preparation and delivery of virtual and in-person training sessions for youth volunteers; including contributing to and developing content, facilitation, and evaluation for continued improvement of programming.
- Communications and Network Building: Plan and coordinate network-building communication activities to build a supportive community of Climate Futures Lab volunteers; support outward facing communications and outreach efforts by capturing and sharing content; assist with editing and development of program materials.
Skills and Experience:
You are a self-starter with 3+ years’ experience in project coordination; you are passionate and eager to contribute to dynamic youth programming that is catalyzing local climate action; you have exceptional spoken and written communication skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire youth volunteers in both virtual and in-person settings; you can see the big picture and contribute to YCI’s Climate and Youth strategy while keeping a close eye on detail, you are a practiced facilitator and a reliable and entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach, proactively moving work forward, managing your time effectively, and can be counted on to follow-through; you can support meetings/events outside of regular working hours on evenings and weekends as needed; you have experience working with youth and/or volunteers from diverse backgrounds.
How to apply:
Link to application can be found here. Please submit your CV as a single PDF document, maximum 4 pages, saved in the following format: “First Name Last Name, Program Coordinator, Climate Futures Lab”
Deadline to apply is 11:59 EST on May 22nd, 2023. Please note that we are looking to bring this position on board as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we highly encourage early submissions.
Youth Challenge International provides equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status. As such, we encourage groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at Youth Challenge International.
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.