Impact Organizations of Nova Scotia (IONS) is working toward a vision of a decolonized, just and equitable Nova Scotia and that starts with us. IONS is committed to building a staff team that reflects and values the diversity of the province. We strive to ensure a culture that supports a variety of perspectives and lived experiences. We are committed to being an intentionally inclusive and equitable employer and creating an exemplary welcoming environment.
We are intentional in our recruitment approach and encourage applications from African Nova Scotians, those from Indigenous communities, other racially visible persons, the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, and persons with disabilities and will prioritize diversity in our selection process. If you are a member of one of these equity-deserving groups, please self-identify in your cover letter and/or resume.
You’re an individual who is passionate about purpose-driven work and takes pride in being both organized and creative. You will be supporting nearly all aspects of IONS’ work, so you’re comfortable with changing tasks and jumping in where needed. You’re also very comfortable with learning and using a variety of technology systems for communications and events, and supporting general logistics and administrative tasks. You love working collaboratively, value diversity of knowledge and viewpoints, and are solution-oriented. You’re excited for the opportunity to engage in a variety of projects that peak your interest as you develop your leadership skills!
Working with IONS
IONS currently has six full-time staff, five of which are based in Halifax and one in Cape Breton. We are currently examining how we structure and work together and are on a path toward an organizational model that prioritizes peer-to-peer accountability and collaborative teamwork over hierarchy. You will be joining us while we are still on this transitional path – so an interest in experimenting with new ways of working will be important! We are committed to developing a healthy workplace culture that helps to prevent burnout and are also currently piloting a 4-day work week with the hopes of making it a permanent organizational policy.
- This is a full-time position with a dynamic and passionate team.
- This position has the option of being based in the Halifax office or working remotely.
- Hybrid working options are available if based in the Halifax area.
- Compensation will be between $45,000-55,000 commensurate with experience and partially paid group benefits will be offered after a six-month probationary period.
- A 4-day work week (Fridays off – totaling 30 hours/week with some flexibility within the working day) will be in place until March 31, 2022, with the possibility of becoming a permanent policy.
- Vacation (starting at 3-weeks), wellness days, and paid time off during the office closure throughout the winter holiday period will be part of the compensation package
Ready to Join Our Team?
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until midnight on Tuesday, December 6th
Start Date: We are hoping to have someone in place by mid-January
Submission Process: [Opportunity is Closed]
What’s the Process?
The hiring process often privileges white, able-bodied, neurotypical people who can conform to Eurocentric ways of working and being. We recognize the inherent power dynamic within the capitalist hiring process which weighs heavily in favour of the organization. In keeping with our JEDDI commitments and recognizing that the hiring process is relational work, we’re consciously iterating new ways of approaching how we do this. We’re ready to hire our next team member, but we also want you to want to choose us as an employer.
What You Can Expect:
- Once you apply through the form, you’ll receive an automated confirmation email. The IONS team will then review all applications to determine who we would like to learn more about. As this is relational work, every applicant will receive an email whether you’ve been selected to move forward for an interview or not.
- Initial interviews will be held virtually via Zoom or in person at our Halifax office depending on location, availability, and accessibility for the candidate(s).
- We understand the stress and anxiety of these processes so we will send a copy of the interview questions to everyone in advance of our conversation. Heads up – we may reach out for a second round!
- We recognize that creating an application and preparing for an interview is unpaid labour so a $50 honorarium will be offered to everyone who participates in the interview process.
If you require any accommodations in submitting your application or navigating the process,
please reach out to Alexandra Theroux, Operations Manager at email@example.com